Can Tailgate Applique Be Removed?!

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by TXFrog, Aug 30, 2017.

1. TXFrog

TXFrog Member

Hey Yall, Im new here, and the happy owner of a 17 Avalanche grey Raptor down here in Austin. My truck has the Giant ford on the tailgate, is there any way to remove and all the normal badges?

Anyone with the same color truck interested in just swapping tailgates?

Just a thought. thank yall for the input!

this beast has been pulling double duty in the floods down SE in Houston Area, hope any and all willing and able can join!

2. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

the tailgate is different from the non- applique tailgate. No, it can't be removed. Thanks for helping out down there, they can use all the help they can get.

3. Andrew

Andrew Member

The appliqué tailgate looks like Swiss-cheese once the plastic comes off. Finding someone to trade might be your best bet, looking at buying just a hollowed out tailgate is about $500-700 before swapping parts and paint. Thanks for stepping up to help!

4. TXFrog

TXFrog Member

That is exactly what I feared! Thank you for the input!

If anyone wants to trade.... hit me up!

5. Christhemover

Christhemover New Member

I will be picking mine up out of state tomorrow new. Might consider trading mine that is without the applique. Is yours in excellent condition. Any dings or scratches. I am out of Dallas

6. TXFrog

TXFrog Member

Christhemover- yessir it is in excellent condition, have had the truck for a couple weeks and it is still mint. Let me know, no rush, as the appliqué is starting to grow on me. I'm in austin but I am a TCU alum and go to almost all home games, including this weekend agains SMU.

7. JustinDes

JustinDes New Member

Would you be interested in selling your tailgate? I need a tailgate with the appliqué and would buy yours from you. You could get a brand new one to replace yours.

8. JustinDes

JustinDes New Member

Would you be interested in selling your tailgate? I need a tailgate with the appliqué and would buy yours from you. You could get a brand new one to replace yours.

9. cwh

cwh Member

I have an 18 Leadfoot without appliqué, if anyone wants to trade for one with the appliqué. Thanks.

10. brianh87

brianh87 Active Member

Too bad you didn't have an agate black. I've been looking into trading my non-applique tailgate for one with the appliqué.