California Emission, out of state Raptors

Discussion in 'Prospective Owners' started by Maha Chu, Jun 2, 2017.

1. 6Trophies

6Trophies New Member

Looks like JRun16 did his research on FRF - nice of you to do that for everyone here

2. JRun16

JRun16 New Member

No problem! Figure I could help others.

3. Rapdaddy

Rapdaddy New Member

I am in the middle of the CA process. The above is correct
    Pay the taxes
    SMOG
    Vin Verification
    Weight Certificate
    Cert of Origin

Complet Registration process at DMV and get your pates

4. Bruce7105

Bruce7105 Member

Cert of Origin has the weight on it I did not get a Weight Certificate .had no problems

5. CrownOffroad

CrownOffroad Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Bringing an out of state Raptor into California was easy! All new Raptors have the CA Emissions sticker under the hood. As others have mentioned, forget the window sticker. All the Cali DMV needs is the sticker under the hood.

Ordered an '18 in mid June, showed up two weeks ago and flew out to take delivery on Thursday 10/12. Drove it from Austin, Tx to San Diego, CA (21 hours straight through) on Friday. On Monday found a local moving company that weighed the truck (took 5 minutes and cost $10) and then had it smogged (took 12 minutes and cost $46). Found out while I was waiting for the smog test, the smog test place said they could register it, verify the VIN, issue a California title and license plates all for a $70 fee (this fee is in addition to sales tax, registration fees, etc). So all said a done in under an hour and I didn't even have to set foot into a DMV.

Don't pay over MSRP to the crazy dealers here in California. MSRP or better is out there and the process to bring them back to California isn't bad at all.

EmissionSticker.jpg