CAI throwing code

Discussion in 'Engine Performance and Mods' started by Low Rider, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

I had the Full Race CAI unit installed on my truck and it keeps throwing the same code every couple of days. Crankcase ventilation sensor. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions how to correct this besides resetting it every time.
    Thanks in advance

2. xBryanHoodsx

xBryanHoodsx Active Member

whipple does the same simple solution get a tune

3. Brapptor

Brapptor Full Access Member

That’s bizarre with just a Cai. Did you install the sensor into intake tube correctly or damage it, maybe double check that

4. CSJr

CSJr Member Military

Did you take the air silencers out when you installed your CAI? If so, put them back in and see if that helps.

5. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

Guys, I really appreciate all the response. It seems that the catch can is the culprit not the CAI. Got ahold of the speed shop that installed it and it seems because the hoses are longer than factory, it’s changing the amount of vacuum and that’s what’s causing it to throw the code. Their recommendation is to put a tune on it as previously suggested.
    I’ve got an appointment next Wednesday and they are going to do some research and hopefully come up with a solution. I’m sure the CAI added just enough change that added to the problem.
    I’ll drop a line next week and give a heads up.

Thanks again, Paul