Buyer Beware Carbon Parts - Icon Composites

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by ss_raptor, Mar 25, 2018.

1. ss_raptor

ss_raptor Member

Stay away from Icon Composites. Not cheap and some of worst carbon weave I've seen. The clear coat has bubbles on all the pieces. They market having some of the finest carbon that's made in the USA, what a joke. I've seen better Carbon that came from China. I'm just here to save the next guy from getting scammed by these guys.

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

2. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

There must be something in the carbon fiber chemicals cause the aftermarket pretty much blows.

3. Boosh

Boosh Member

I’m not a carbon expert but I worked in a carbon shop for a bit. The biggest thing you can do to ensure a solid piece is pull more vacuum when baking it. If you can’t pull enough vacuum, you will get the bubbles and pits that are in these pictures. As far as the weave being messed up, that’s just poor handling when laying the carbon into the molds.

Regardless, sorry to see it wasn’t what you expect to get when you pay premium prices

4. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

There was a huge thing going on in the CTSVowners because a shithead stole a hood design and sent it to China to be made and marketed it pretty much illegally. The CF came through pretty screwed up from bad manufacturing techniques. They were sold to folks that had prepaid and they had no recourse because the entire gig was back door. Moral of the story is that you really need to know exactly where the stuff is being made to have a good chance of receiving quality product.

5. LEXmotorsports goodguy

LEXmotorsports goodguy Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

@ss_raptor Has the company had a chance to respond to this problem? if so what are they offering to do about it to stand behind their US made product?

6. Antal

Antal New Member

I purchased a complete set of carbon parts from Corry Ativan and had a great experience. Parts were as described and fit&finish was A1. In fact I am placing another order for a new truck I have coming in. I’m happy to support a local company making products I. The good ol USof A. As a small business owner myself, problems can occur and I’m sure they will stand behind any problems.

7. ss_raptor

ss_raptor Member

They did nothing to resolves my issue. They kept leading me on almost like they were trying to get as many orders out as they could. They were more worried about me not leaking these photos out then to resolve my issue. Just a really bad company to deal with. I told Corey he will not stay in biz running his company like this.

8. Icon Composites

Icon Composites Member

Thanks so much for your support!

9. Icon Composites

Icon Composites Member

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Here at Icon Composites, we stand by our product 110%. We've tried contacting you but have yet to hear back. Let's work together to try and fix this issue.

jae and LEXmotorsports goodguy like this.
  10. ss_raptor

ss_raptor Member

look here guys I'm not the only one with an issue with these guys. They are a joke save your money. Hey Corey send me a replacement without having to put up the money for the replacement kit like you requested. Or give me a refund like you also had said you would do. This is what any reputable company would do. That's how you stand behind your product 110%. Your product sucks i don't' know how you can even make that calm. You're a conman I really hope no one else gets ripped off by you.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f264...ents-flares-seems-pricey-me-56014/index8.html

Icon Composites likes this.
  11. LEXmotorsports goodguy

LEXmotorsports goodguy Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

@ss_raptor , I don't know the guys at Icon composites, but I feel them asking you to cover the product cost until they get the old products back is not a out of line request, I just went through this with another company over a axle that broke. While at the time I was very frustrated because I wanted the replacement part "right now", I had to step back a accept that it was their company policy. In the end I followed the policy, and so did they.

Seems as though Icon composites is trying to reach out and make it right. Give them a chance, it's hard to run a small business and harder to please everyone.

Icon Composites likes this.
  12. Icon Composites

Icon Composites Member

We definitely appreciate the support. Thanks for that. It can be very difficult running a small business while trying to make everyone happy. At the same time, as a small business, we just cannot afford to have that quantity $$ in product that is outstanding. We're really trying to make things right on our end but we need a little flexibility from the customer too.

13. Icon Composites

Icon Composites Member

As a small business, we simply can't afford to have that high of a value in product out and about. We are willing to have you ship your parts back to us at our expense - once those old parts have been received we will then repair the broken clip on the hood vent for you, and replace the fender vents with new ones. At this point, we're not even asking you to cover the cost of a new kit. We simply want you to send us back your parts first before we send you replacement pieces.

Logan and LEXmotorsports goodguy like this.
  14. Icon Composites

Icon Composites Member

@ss_raptor have you given it any more thought?

15. ss_raptor

ss_raptor Member

Its not worth it for me to jump through all the hoops you require to make a customer happy. At this point, I'd rather eat the 4k and spread the word on what a conman you are and how bad of a small biz you run. Also, I think it's in your best interest to walk away quietly at this point. The last thing you want is for me to start showing people the emails on how you lead me in every which direction for the last 5 months. It won't be pretty for you and it will show nothing you mentioned in this forum is true on trying to resolve my issue.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018