Bulldog 40" on the bumper

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by shelteredraptor, Mar 14, 2017.

1. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

I posted some pics in different places, but thought I would put it here. I have had a fair amount of lights from various manufacturers, so when I decided to put a package together for the new truck, I shopped around a bit. After committing to keeping the stock bumper, I decided on a Bulldog 40" radius on the bumper and the Baja Designs package for the side openings. I have a couple of ideas for the intercooler, it's opening, and the skid, but that's later.
    Bulldog offers a mount that is almost invisible, very strong, and pretty adjustable. Their wiring kit is good, I am using it for now until I finish making up my relay box. Speaking of which- what the fuck is wrong with Ford with the upfitter switches on this truck??? How come on the F250 they come wired up to 30 and 40 amp relays and this truck is wired for shit?
    Anyway, the wiring is straightforward with Bulldogs relay setup, I used the #3 switch for the trigger wire. I would have liked to see the harness going out to the light be a little longer, but a little solder and shrinktube later and it's all good. I highly recommend this company as their products are awesome, all american made, along with great customer service, and check out the pricing compared to other high end LED lights.
    I will post up some more pics with night shots later, but here is a few.

3-4 resize.jpg

3-4 resize 2.jpg

3-4 resize 3.jpg

3-4 resize 5.jpg

TXRAPTR and Zaid Dahabi like this.
  2. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

nice truck and super clean install.. well done.. no lights for me yet but soon. that 40 is sweeeet.

3. TXRAPTR

TXRAPTR Full Access Member

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing to mine, I think you just pushed me over the edge to purchase. Does that light bar interfere at all with your front camera? Thanks

4. Young Biff

Young Biff Member

I am also interested in this set up. Like you I like the standard bumper. can you tell me if it interferes with the forward facing radar for the cruise etc.? or the forward facing camera?
    Thanks,

5. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

It has no effect on adaptive cruise, but does cut off the bottom 20% or so of the camera view.The angle {or lack of} is adjusted by pre setting the mounts at a point on the housing, then bolting it back into the bumper. This is a bit of guessing and trial and error to get the light to set and aim properly, no biggie, just a little patience.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017